Thursday, November 13, 2008

QUIRKS

1. Link the person who tagged you. (uh..don't

know what that means, so Rachel - sorry if

you're not "linked".)

2. Mention rules on your blog.

3. Tell about 6 quirks of yours.

4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.

5. Leave a comment to let them know.



I have many quirks... here are a few:



I am scared of the dark. If I get up in the middle of the night and go into the kitchen (or any other room in the house) I have to turn on every single light switch that I see, including the bedroom light. I absolutely refuse to go outside at night alone, even at my parents house where I grew up. Talk about dark, the area outside of Delta gets pretty dang dark without the street lights. My fear of the dark really drives Darrell crazy!

I am also a cover nazi! I believe that covers (blankets) were invented to cover people and it would be a shame if you threw off all the cover and slept without them. I cannont sleep unless I am completely covered, minus my nose for breathing purposes. I also make Darrell get under the covers so no cold air gets into the covers.

Most of my quirks definately come into play at night, as you can tell. Well here is another one that occurs right before bed time. If I do not take a bath I WILL NOT be able to fall asleep. Bath time has definately become theraputic to me. It is my time to unwind and stop thinking about things that are bugging me. I often get that restlessness in my legs at night and I am often to busy in the day to really think about problems and so they all seem to pop up at night and the only way to clear my head is to take a bath.

I cannot sit still. I swear I have A.D.D. or something. I just have to be playing with something at all times. When me and Darrell are watching a movie I can't just watch the movie with him. I have to be either reading a book and watching, or playing with cards, or something. If I don't have something to play with I usually have to tap my feet or find something to occupy my hands. I think that quirk probably comes from my mother and my brother Keith! Its all in the Genes!

I guess to a man this would be considered a quirk that a woman might have. I hate cooking!
I have always thought that there was much better things to do than hang out in the kitchen. My mother has always been a wonderful cook. She would try and get me to cook with her in the kitchen but I usually fought it untill I didn't have to. I always firgured, "Why have me experiment with cooking and have meals turn out not so good, when I could alway have my mom cook and have a wonderful meal." Now I am married, I realize maybe I should have payed just alittle bit more attention in the kitchen, I am working on it though. Someday...... maybe if I could cook something that actually tasted good, I would probably enjoy it better.

One more... This one has to do with my job. When I clean houses I like to clean myself out of the house. Seems logic enough. Vaccuming is the very last thing that I do in a house. I CANNOT HANDLE WALKING OVER FRESHLEY VACUUMED CARPET!! Now if the home owner walks over the carpet that is ok because it is their carpet but me, Oh NO! That is against the rules. One day the radio was asking people to call in and tell them which should be first, vaccuming or dusting. The amount of dust a vaccum would put back into the air would not be ANYWHERE NEAR as visible as a carpet with footprints on it! I also have a very precise pattern that I use when I vaccum. I once had a girl that worked for me that I could not stand the way she vaccumed and she would walk over the carpet when she was done!

I am suppose to tag 6 people but some that I would have tagged have already been tagged so I am only going to tag 4 people. I am going to tag

Rachel Anderson
Megan
Trisha
Nicole

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am completely unable to sit still without fidgeting with something also. So, it's not just you, Mom, and Keith...Goes to show it really must be in the genes!