Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation






We just got back from our family vacation. This year we went to Boulder Mountain. My favorite part of the vacation, other than being with the family, was the slot canyons near Escalante that we hiked. The pictures don't do it justice, it was a very pretty area. At the entrance of one of the slot canyons was a rattlesnake. I was real worried about taking Bandit past it becaues he tends to chase everything that move so me and Bandit stayed behind while Darrell, Nate, and my Dad went on. Alittle while later they came back because they had found a pool of water that Bandit could lay in (he was extremely hot, thirsty, and tired). Luckily the rattle snake did not move when we walked by and we saw another one the shook its rattle but didn't come after us.
By the time we went through 4 of the slot canyons a storm was getting pretty close so we decided to call it quits for the day.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about this stuff. That snake is crazy. I would have freaked!!