Saturday, July 19, 2008

Surgery

For those of you who haven't already heard, I had surgery on Wednesday. It appears that I have a Stage 3 endometriosis. (Stage 4 is the worst). I guess I had enometriosis all over inside of me. It was on my Colon and Appendix and I had some Cysts as well. The doctor got it all. I'm pretty excited because maybe some day we'll be able to have kids. Also for the last couple of years I have had some stomach problems, where I just felt real nauseated and nasty. Well the endometriosis was probably causing that as well. It will be great to feel normal again.
As for right now, I'm feeling alright. I don't really feel the pain from where I was cut open, my shoulder and throat hurt the worst. I'm still on some pain killers. My mom was here until Friday then she went back to Delta. Darrell has been very good to me. He took Wednesday off work and was by my side side just about the whole time.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

so the fact that I talk to you oh...at least twice a day, more usually, doesn't keep me from posting on your blog. I'm a dork, I know. I'm glad you're feeling better though and I am SO Keeping my fingers crossed for you now. And more importantly, keeping you in my prayers. I really hope you get pregnant!

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Dear sweet Gina,
I too know the horrid inside feeling of endometriosis and the complications of bloating, bleeding and pain that accompany it. I too had surgery inbetween our children for this same thing with my appendix being removed during the surgery. (I had all you did including level 3endometriosis and a very stubborn interuterine infection, but tno the cysts.) It was 3.5 hours long and we were told prior to it ( I was 25 years old) would probably end in an hysterectomy. I was devastated. We were told to give myself 1 year to heal and then see if we could have any more children. Hense..no waiting and Kevin came 10 months later:D! Then for sure the hysterectomy could not wait.
I wish you ALL the luck along with our PRAYERSs and best wishes for a healthy baby or two soon:).
I also hope you heal from the pain & effects of your surgery fast. Was it laproscopic, Or a full 6 inch incision?
I love you!

Megs said...

I am so glad they found what the problem was and were able to get it taken care of! When I went to Advanced to get the keys to clean the houses, they were like, "She just had surgery and she has been busy as a bee! Now she's gone camping." I guess nothing can keep you down! Glad things are looking better :)