Monday, October 13, 2008

More House Stuff

We have been so busy lately that I have not have time to update my blog.

Darrell had to go up to Montana last week for acouple of days. Him and his boss flew up to Montana, in his boss's personal plane. Three other guys from the shop drove up earlier in the week. There is a huge cabin up there that they are doing the plumbing for. It was pretty much torture for me. For one, they did not have any cell phone sevices so I could even talk with him for 2 days, and second it was only the second time since we got married that I have been all alone in my apartment at night! That terrifies me. I have a really busy work week so I didn't notice he was gone until night came around. He made it home just in time. Had the job taken one more day to do, he would have been stormed in and wouldn't have been able to some home till today.
Alot has happened with our house since I did the last blog. All of the framing, sheet rock, and all of that is long done. Our house has stucco on the outside now, it is gray right now but when they finish it will be dark brown. Our tile roof is just about done. The base molding and doors and cases are in. Over conference weekend we layed the tile in the kitchen, living room, hallways, and bathroom floors. I drove by the house today and we now have a concrete driveway, and the walls are being primed today and they will be painted tomorrow. So for those of you that are thinking that the house is coming along really fast well...... it is. About a month or so ago my landlord called me and said that him and his wife are splitting up and so we had to be out of the house at the end of October so that him or his wife could move into it. Darrell went and talked with the builder and they are going to have our house done by the end of this month instead of around Thanksgiving time. We don't have to be homeless for a month!! I'm excited. I have a few pictures of our house but none of them are recent. so I will have to take some more soon.
The first picure is back in framing stage, the second is right before they put up the stucco and the third is darrell standing in the kitchen before we layed the tile.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

can't wait to see some more pictures!!

Dennis said...

I can't believe how fast that house is going up. How exciting for you. I'll look forward to seeing it the next time we are in St George.

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Hooray! It amazing fun to watch them go up.