Thursday, October 16, 2008

More House Pics




Our house is coming along very smoothly. The tile in the tub/shower is still not done but I thought that I would put in a picture of what we have done so far. There will be one more row of tile above where it is right now. Me, Darrell, and his Uncle Don did the tile floors over conference weekend and we have been slowly doing the shower walls in the evenings after work. Darrell has done an awesome job with the tile. the design and layout of the tile was all his idea. Over conference weekend we had it down to a tee- Don cut the tile, Darrell layed the tile, and I grouted the tile, mixed the thin set and did whatever else Darrell told me to. It was actually pretty fun. I like doing hands on stuff. Our hands were pretty sore and cut up by the end of the weekend though. Yesterday they got the kitchen cupboards put in, hopefully the countertops will be put in soon. We also got light fixtures yesterday too. All we need left to do in the inside is; finish with the trim electical stuff, trim heating & air stuff, trim plumbing(darrell's doing), countertops, and touch up paint and then we are done. The exterior need landscaped the finishing layer of stucco. Hope you all enjoy the pictures as much as I do!

3 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

Your place looks awesome!!!

Megs said...

I'm glad you posted pics of the house. It is coming along really well! How exciting!

3 Docs and A Diva said...

It looks like it is really coming along! the tile looks awesome. I am so happy for you both.